Yes! The Climate Literacy project has finally started. On 18 and 19 January 2016, all participating organizations came together in Mechelen (Belgium). These kick-off meetings are mostly about practicalities and getting to know each other (this one was not that different).
Yet we managed to already put some interesting things in motion:
- Phase one: framework analysis – F.T.I / Technopolis® drew up a plan of action and some handy templates to build the report and analysis on all existing projects on climate literacy and education.
All countries are set to:
- make an inventory on existing education materials
- send a questionnaire to the public to get an insight on the level of literacy
- hold focus groups and interviews with educators and ordinary citizens
- Website content creation – All parties gave their insight on what we should put on the project’s website, http://www.climate-literacy.eu .
- Logo creation – We’ve held an interesting workshop on what the logo should look like. Technopolis has already started sketching.
These are the partners, whose input we already greatly value:
- Flanders Technology International: de project co-ordinator, operating Technopolis, the Flemish science centre (Belgium)
- CARDET, Centre for the Advancement of Research and Development in Educational Technology (Cyprus)
- DMSZSZ, Transdanubian Association of Farm Advisors (Hungary)
- Exploradôme, science centre, (France)
- INTEGRA, Institute for Development of Human Potentials (Slovenia)
- SARGA, the Aragonese Society of Agro-Environmental Management (Spain)
- Skane Energy Agency (Sweden)
- WIN, Science Initiative Lower Austria (Austria)